It's taken me awhile to choose my topic for my first post, but I definitely think I have it. Sarah Palin and the new "Tea Party Movement." I can't help but laugh hysterically whenever I read any articles or see anything on TV about either of them. I really can't understand for the life of me why anyone takes either of these things seriously. At all. Sarah Palin is such a joke that I can't even stand it anymore. Not only is she NOT intelligent whatsoever, but she will NOT just fade away with dignity. She just keeps going and going. While it's amusing to me, you'd think the GOP would make her shut up and hide her in a cave or something! It's ridiculous. Caribou Barbie, spare yourself and most importantly the American Electorate and go back to your igloo.
The latest update in the ongoing Sarah Palin fiasco is that she's seeking to be the "leader" of the Tea Party Movement. When I read this article (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20100206/pl_politico/32610) I literally spit out my cherry coke zero laughing. SERIOUSLY? As if most of the country didn't already view this Tea Party crap as a total joke, now it just cements it in my mind!
Okay fine, I get it. People don't like paying taxes, I truly understand. Our economy is tanking and we can barely afford the things we have. You know what? You can't expect to get ANYTHING for free. This includes government services. How do you think they are paid for? If you don't want to pay taxes, fine, then don't. But please don't expect to have ANY access to the protection of the military, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, roads, street signs, public libraries, snow removal, street repair, highway maintenance, state universities, museums, prisons, firemen, emts, policemen...I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. I think everyone gets the point.
STOP WHINING ABOUT IT and pay your damn taxes! I could go further and make crude jokes about morons wearing Tea Bags on their heads and thinking that they are starting a revolution of some sort. Please take yourself to a public library (PAID FOR BY OUR TAX DOLLARS), look up the Boston Tea Party, and read about what it was REALLY held for. It was not held because a bunch of GOP loving morons got together to change their tampons in unison because they didn't want to pay taxes in general. It was called TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION! Unless you live in Washington D.C. that does NOT apply to you in this country, so pay your taxes like every other law abiding American citizen, build a bridge (likely paid for by tax dollars as well), and GET THE HELL OVER IT! People's combined ignorance on issues never ceases to amaze me.
Hooray your first post! I can't even comment on Ms. Palin, it makes my brain hurt, but I do like my paved roads thank you very much.
ReplyDeleteHey it's Beth..
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with everything you said!!! You rock girl!