Awhile ago I was "tagged" in a Facebook survey asking me to name my top 25 most influential albums. It didn't take me very long to think of 25, but it was hard to narrow them down. As I stated before, music is such a vital aspect of my life. I can't go a day without listening to at least an hour's worth. They aren't listed in order of importance to me, just in the order they came to mind.
1. Paul Simon - Graceland (1986)
2. Van Morrison - Moondance (1970)
3. Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley (1956)
4. The Beatles - Rubber Soul (1965)
5. Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison (1968)
6. Simon and Garfunkel - Collected Works (1988)
7. Jackie Wilson - The Ultimate Jackie Wilson (2006)
8. The Band - The Last Waltz (1978)
9. Bob Dylan - Masterpieces (1978)
10. Richie Havens - Résumé: The Best Of Richie Havens (1993)
11. Etta James - Tell Mama (1968)
12. Billy Joel -- The Stranger (1977)
13. Al Green - Let's Stay Together (1972)
14. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (1971)
15. Carole King - Tapestry (1971)
16. The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (1966)
17. Jim Croce - Photographs & Memories, His Greatest Hits (1974)
18. Eric Clapton - Unplugged (1992)
19. Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved a Man The Way I Love You (1967)
20. Barenaked Ladies - Stunt (1998)
21. Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Déjà Vu (1970)
22. The Rolling Stones - Forty Licks (2002)
23. Muddy Waters - Electric Mud (1968)
24. Roy Orbison - Roy Orbison and Friends, A Black and White Night (1987)
25. Buddy Holly and The Crickets - 20 Golden Greats (1978)
So what are some of yours? I'm definitely interested to know!
This is a great list. Abd I agree with all of it. Happpy Richie Havens on it. Think Led Zeppelin should be represented, but that's just me. Oh, and I love Roberta Flack - Quiet Fire, but you only have room for 25!
ReplyDelete