Monday, April 30, 2012

Where did April go?

April 2012 has easily been the best month of my entire life. After the past year or so, I didn't know that I'd be able to say this again. Between my father's completely unexpected death and other events, things have been far more than stressful.

That all changed for me April 5, 2012. At about 5:30pm I parked my car in the parking lot of an Irish Pub in Cleveland. I was so nervous that I was literally shaking. I didn't know what to expect, I was just hoping it would go as well as I had hoped. Little did I know that this dinner date would be the beginning of something I have only dreamed of my entire adult life.

This was the day that I first met my wonderful boyfriend Colin in person. We had talked online and via text for a couple of weeks beforehand. I knew he was something special, but I didn't quite know the full extent of that until our first date. Who knew that dinner, a walk on the pier at sunset, drinking tea until a coffee shop closed, and sitting in a parked car for nearly 2 hours just talking could be the best date of my entire life?

Ever since our first date, I have learned what true happiness and love is. I am so beyond grateful. He is exactly what I have always wanted and needed in a partner. I have never met someone so supportive of my passions and of my life in general before. Until now, I didn't know that I deserved someone like this in my life. I've never had this deep of a connection with anyone before and it's truly amazing. I finally feel as if I found my other half, the one who completes me.

Anyone who knows me well knows I am not typically a sappy person, but I have never been this happy in my entire life. I look forward to our future and everything we'll experience together. I wake up everyday excited for what I'll discover with him. I fall asleep every night comforted in the fact that I have him in my life.

Thank you for being you sweetheart. I don't know where I'd be without your constant love and support. I love you, and I always will.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    You are far too sweet. *kiss* Thank you for being you. You are awesome and you are loved.

    ---Colin

    ReplyDelete